A big thank you to the Wealth Edit founders, Emily & Lauren, for having us on your show!! In this podcast episode, we talk about how to build your core wardrobe and what it’s like working together as a mother/daughter duo in business! Listen here.
Remember Emily & Lauren from a previous episode on The Style That Binds Us Podcast where we get financial tips from women for women?!
Here are the questions we answer:
- Alison, you are a national style and image consultant with clients across the country. You studied at the Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC. You make it very clear that you have a passion for empowering women through creating a visual brand and transforming their style to ignite a path of confidence and independence. That sounds a lot like what we are doing here at the Wealth Edit. What do you think ignited this passion?
- Delia, you started your career interning with Versace and then went on to work as a buyer for Barneys. What an awesome start to a fashion career! Tell us how this background prepared you for starting The Style that Binds Us?
- Tell us how The Style That Binds Us started.
- A mother/ daughter duo! What is that like?
- Alison, any advice you can give us for having a healthy relationship with our daughters?
- Delia, any advice you would give us for our daughters?
- Alison, you made a decision to start this business later in life. What led to this decision?
- What does a “day in the life” look like for you two?
- I love your tag line “Eliminate the Stress of Getting Dressed”. What services do you offer to help achieve this goal?
- When working with a client what is your end goal?
- What is it like to work with you? Is it done virtually or in person? Is it ongoing?
- What are your top 3 style tips that you would give someone looking to invest in their wardrobe?
- What are a few of the top mistakes you see people making in their fashion life?
- How do you view building your wardrobe from an investment perspective?
- If you want to start investing in your wardrobe what is the first thing you would tell us to buy?
- What do you do with the things you no longer wear?
Alison + Delia