THE NEW NORMAL
A byproduct of the Coronavirus situation is that we are all being forced to SLOW DOWN for the first time in…well, in forever! You may be “sheltering in place” with loved ones, roommates, or by yourself. Whatever the circumstance, it isn’t familiar, it isn’t fun for the most part, and there is no definite end point.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
First of all, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! We are all in this crazy, unprecedented time together. We know that the longer this global ”experience” goes on, the more tedious it will become.
WE KNOW THAT:
- You are probably snacking too much
- You most likely aren’t exercising enough
- You are getting tired of those around you, even if this means you are getting impatient with yourself!
- You are going a little stir-crazy
- YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS OF HOW TO PASS THE TIME (in ways that you don’t regret later!)
WE ALSO KNOW THAT:
It’s important to keep our spirits up, but difficult to do so sometimes.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!!!
The Style That Binds Us put our heads together, did a little research, and came up with a few suggestions for you that you might not have come up with on your own. Sometimes it’s nice to let someone else do the thinking for once! Our goal to inspire you with some ideas for activities while we all “shelter in place”. Have you ever wanted to take up cooking? Try a new recipe you never got around to? This is the PERFECT opportunity to get out your:
- coloring books (yes, they’re a “thing” for grownups too!)
- Arts and crafts (because why not have something to show for all the time you spent cooped up at home?!
- Organizing (you’ll thank yourself once it’s done!)
- Pots, pans and cookie sheets (is there anything more uplifting than the smell of warm cookies in the oven??)
We hope you enjoy our shoppable suggestions below of ways to get through these unsettling times. This too shall pass of course, but right now, it’s certainly bleak. Try to think positively, stay strong for those around you and for yourself. You can do this, we all can and will.
TSTBU is a COMMUNITY
This means it’s a “two-way street! If you have come up with some enjoyable ways to pass the days that we haven’t mentioned, please let us know! We will pass them on. After all…
WE ARE ALL GOING TO GET THROUGH THIS, with a little help from our friends,
Sending love and strength your way,
Delia and Alison
P.S. If you are in the mood to dance, we put together a fun TSTBU playlist just for that here!!
Alison + Delia