We are excited to have Doug Greenberg, Vice President of Sales and Marketing of Garde Robe on The Style That Binds Us Podcast. Garde Robe is the world’s first and only luxury wardrobe storage and Cyber Closet valet service that can insure, archive, store, protect and restore your treasured stash of designer clothing, accessories, and couture pieces. Garde Robe has been featured in The New York Times, Vogue, WSJ, Business of Fashion, CFDA, Los Angeles Times, Robb Report among others. Clients include Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera, Valentino, Alexander McQueen, Jason Wu, Iman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bridget Foley and more. We hope you enjoy this insightful episode filled with insights on how to store & protect your wardrobe! Listen to this episode here!
Here’s a link to Garde Robe’s blog where you can find lots of tips for how to protect & store your clothes.
Recommendations from Garde Robe:
- Mainetti Hangers, another option and another
- Purse pillows for handbags
- Shoe/boot trees for footwear
- Cedar and lavender sachets are effective for material-damaging insect (clothes moths) prevention and add a nice scent to drawers (be careful not to let the natural oils touch the fabrics), but to be extra safe Garde Robe recommends pheromone moth traps
- Acid-free tissue
- This terrific wash and stain bar
- Garment steamer – portable & for home
- Archival storage products
- UV Treatments for windows
YouTube video where Alison talks about tips for storing clothes we learned from The Costume Institute at The Metropolitan Museum of Art:
Below are some more closet organization tools we recommend!
Alison + Delia