We are excited to have costume designer, Alejo Vietti, on The Style That Binds Us Show! He is from Argentina, & is New York-based. He has designed costumes for Holiday Inn, Beautiful The Carole King Musical, the Rockettes, and so much more! In this episode, get answers to questions like:
- How did you get into costume design?
- Talk to us about choosing a career and then deciding to stop & instead follow your heart for what you really want to do.
- Walk us through the process of working on a show & designing the costumes for it – do you make garments or is it historical costumes?
- What do you think about when designing?
- What’s the most magical part of your job?
- How far in advance do you work?
- Funny stories that happen while designing? Or things you wouldn’t expect?
- Differences in designing for opera vs. Broadway?
- As the Broadway shows get bigger, do you have to design for more and more people?
- Talk to us about the specific undergarments the performers wear.
- Tips for dealing with all different personalities?
- What does a day in the life of a costume designer for Broadway look like pre-COVID?
Alison + Delia