Advice from a stylist
ARE YOU READY TO GET ORGANIZED?!
There is no perfect time to organize your closet. You can always come up with an excuse for why you CAN’T do it now, but at this point, you are running out of excuses!
YOU RATIONALIZING WHY YOU CAN’T CLEAN OUT YOUR OVERSTUFFED CLOSET
- It takes too much time
- I’m too tired
- I don’t even know where I would begin
- It will be better to do this in January to start off a new year fresh
- I don’t have the money to create my dream closet, so I give up
- I have clothes stuffed in closets all over the house
Does this sound familiar? What about the proverbial, “Why can’t I find anything to wear?”, “Yikes! I had no idea there was a HOLE in this sweater; now what will I wear?” or “I swear these pants used to fit….”
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD QUIT PUTTING THIS OFF!
- You will feel such a sense of accomplishment
- You will know exactly what is in your closet
- You will wear everything in your closet
- You will be excited to “shop” your closet, because there is more room, everything fits, and because of reasons 2. And 3. directly above!
- Getting dressed will be much less stressful
- You will be helping others in the process by donating what you aren’t wearing any more
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
We put this YouTube video (found below) together with our stylist, Alison Bruhn, who has worked with countless women over the years, to great success. This video doesn’t require that you buy anything, or that you have a large amount of space, or that you have to throw away everything you own but the bare necessities (we won’t expect you to “Marie Kondo” everything!). Instead we are giving you a PRACTICAL guide for how to edit and organize your closet in a calm, even enjoyable way. We set you up for success from the very beginning, and walk you through until the end of the process.
IT’S THE NEXT BEST THING TO HAVING ALISON IN YOUR CLOSET WITH YOU!
We guarantee that you can do this, and that afterwards you will look and feel more put together and confident about your appearance. This isn’t a task you have to do often, and it won’t be as terrible you imagine, we promise!
Set yourself up for success by creating a calm atmosphere-light a candle, put on your favorite music, drink water and take snack breaks, even take a nap if you need to! The main thing to remember is that the process isn’t completely over until the piles you have created for:
- Alterations/shoe repair
have been taken care of -this means THEY ARE NO LONGER IN YOUR HOUSE!!! This is such a self-sabotaging step and very common. IF YOU DON’T GET THE CLOTHES ALTERED AND THE SHOES REPAIRED, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WEAR THEM!!! We can’t stress this enough!
Now is the time; get busy and try to enjoy the process; you will most definitely enjoy the feeling you will have when the task is completely finished. You can do it!!!! Here is a link to other style videos on our YouTube channel! Let us know what other style questions you have!!
Need more help?? Email email@example.com for a virtual style session or closet clean out!
Delia and Alison