We are so excited to have Youn Chang who is the Founder & CEO of OJOOK on our podcast! Throughout her career, she worked at GE, Sephora, Amazon, Apple & Glossier and got her MBA from Wharton. At Glossier, I had the opportunity to interview her for our blog where you can learn more about her incredible career path.
Most recently, she launched an oral hygiene brand called, OJOOK, which is taking oral hygiene from routine to ritual. OJOOK is the first oral care collection that nurtures self mastery and fosters longevity with Eastern wellness philosophy. Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
*Use code: THESTYLE for a free toothbrush with your purchase on their website
Here are some questions we ask in this interview:
- What led you to the toothpaste category?
- Tell us about ALL the functional & sustainable details!
- Talk to us about the importance of having a daily ritual, especially in today’s landscape.
- Any oral hygiene tips?
- How did you determine the price?
- Talk to us about the product/packaging design!
- What’s the plan for new SKUs?
- Tell us how Ojook is different from other oral hygiene brands.
- The products are beautiful. Youn comes from a product design background (Apple, Glossier), so she has created a really beautiful oral hygiene routine. She is making it all so exciting and a self-care experience! Tell us about Korean traditions/oral hygiene that Americans may not be aware of.
- Any advice to elicit joy in the small moments?
- How do you balance motherhood & launching a brand?!
- Any tips on how to relieve tooth sensitivity?
- Toothbrush: soft, medium or hard?
- Tips for how to brush your teeth with Ojook?
- How to change brushing our teeth from feeling like a chore to an act of self-care?
- How can we improve oral hygiene during COVID and why is this so important?
- What elements of your time at Apple & Glossier did you bring into your brand?
- Tell us more about “the mouth is the gateway to your soul”!
- What’s next for you?
Alison + Delia