A big thank you to Wedding Planner, Desirée Adams, for having Alison on the Ask The Planner podcast to discuss how to craft your dream wedding wardrobe! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Learn about our wedding styling services here.
During the episode, Desirée asks Alison questions like:
- What’s the biggest fashion faux-pas a bride can make?
- What is a bridal/wedding stylist?
- What does the process look like when couples or brides work with a bridal stylist?
- Do a lot of brides hire you with their wedding planner? Do you work with the wedding planner? What does that collaboration look like?
- What are things that you as a bridal stylist think about that a planner or photographer may not?
- What’s your favorite part of the styling process? Do you focus on the wedding dress and those events first and then do the other events, like the rehearsal dinner and engagement party, or do you do have a different order?
- Do you also work with members of their family like the Mother-of-the-Bride or Mother-of-the-Groom?
- Can you tell us about some style emergencies that can easily be avoided by working with a wedding stylist?
- What are some of the ways working with a stylist saves money?
- Can you tell us about pricing? How much does working with a stylist typically cost? Or what can couples expect to spend? How is it broken down?
- Do you suggest brides choose all matching dresses for bridesmaids or different?
- Do you prefer a white wedding dress or colored? Like pink or blue? Or with flowers?
- Thoughts on the groom and groomsmen wearing colored tuxedos or black?
- Should brides wear white wedding shoes or colored?
- Should the the groom and groomsmen wear bow ties or cummerbunds?
- What’s a favorite item that you’ve incorporated into a wedding that would inspire our listeners?
- Who’s your favorite fashion icon?
Alison + Delia