Recently, I had a friend visiting and had planned a lot of outdoor activities. Unbeknownst to me, it was going to rain all weekend! Saturday was spent at the museums and the rain wasn’t that heavy, so we were still able to walk around. However, Sunday we were met with a torrential downpour, and there was no way we were going to be able to walk the city & explore. Therefore, I was inspired to write a post to help if you find yourself in a similar situation with little time to brainstorm/plan. When googling “Things to do in NYC when raining” or something along those lines, crazy options come up. The below are spinoffs of their non-enticing suggestions.
- Go Bowling: I would not seek out a bowling alley in NYC. However, going bowling for us meant eating every meal out of a bowl. I have a current obsession with Acai Bowls, so I was all in. #bowlsohard #bowling Below are some suggestions of places to #bowl
- Visit the Lowline Lab, which is only one room, so this won’t fill a lot of time
- Schedule an indulgent lunch. Yes, please! Eat your heart out inside where you’re cozy and free from the rain. Options below:
- Schedule a spa day. Get a mani/pedi at Jin Soon or nailart at Paintbox:
- Walk to the Williamsburg Bridge until your umbrella flips up for the 4th time, and you can’t take it anymore! Instead… get some matcha! Some of my favorites are below:
- Chelsea Market & Eataly are relatively close to each other and worth a walk through if your guest hasn’t been
Make the most of the rainy reality and turn it into the best day ever! Happy activity hunting!!