Want to set yourself up for success each day by having a calm and peaceful morning instead of a completely stressful scramble? Here are my top tips on how to get organized in advance to avoid being late.
- Plan your outfit head to toe the night or weekend before. This includes putting it on with shoes & jewelry to ensure you are happy with the look. Lay it out with all necessary pieces (even undergarments!). Iron/steam/lint roll as well. This way, you don’t have last minute outfit changes and can throw the perfect look together quickly
- If you bring your lunch to work, prepare it the night before
- Make your breakfast the night before (if possible) as well. I work out in the morning and am super crunched for time, so every second counts!
- Discuss your morning schedule with your roommates in order to coordinate shower time, etc.
- Set time deadlines for yourself during the getting ready process (i.e. by 8am my hair should be done, 8:15am makeup done, etc). Keep track of how you are performing, and speed things up if it’s getting close to your leave time
- If you’re changing bags, put everything you need in the bag the night prior
- Charge your phone during the night
- Eat breakfast while getting ready
- Get your routine down to a science, and make sure you know where all products are and out the door you go!