Eleanor Turner is the Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer at Argent. Eleanor is from Lynchburg, VA & dreamed of moving to NYC or Paris and working in the fashion industry. She attended SCAD, Savannah College of Art & Design where she majored in fashion design & graduated in 2008. Starting with an internship at Vivienne Tam, she then worked as a designer at Isaac Mizrahi, Tommy Hilfiger, Tory Burch & J.Crew before founding Argent. Argent was founded in 2016 by Eleanor Turner and Sali Christeson. Argent is a functional workwear company, offering stylish options for women that evoke confidence and allow them to conquer the world! Argent clothing has hidden, functional elements like microfiber pockets to clean glasses or an iPhone screen, places for lipstick or pens, iPhone pocket and more. Their use of color and patterns makes the thought of wearing a suit fun again and they are most often reversible, so you get two-for-one!! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Links to articles Argent has been featured in:
- Vogue, Argent Makes You Feel And Look Good In The Office
- Vogue, Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin’s Favorite New Suit Label, Argent, Just Opened in D.C
- NYT, These Women Want to Dress You for the Office
- NY Post, Designing Colorful Pantsuits For The Working Woman
- WSJ, At Last, a Cure for iPhone Bulge: Smarter Tailoring
- Glamour, Meet the Two Millennials Behind Hillary Clinton’s Favorite New Pantsuit
- Forbes, The Millennials Behind Argent Want To Reinvent Women’s Office Attire
- SF Chron, Women redefine the suit on their own terms
- The Cut, Meet the Official Workwear Brand of Powerful Women
- Bloomberg, Argent Is Filling the Gap in Affordable Women’s Workwear
Here is a link to the full interview on TSTBU Podcast!