LET’S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING
We believe wholeheartedly in the idea of building a core wardrobe. It makes getting dressed so much more simple and quick! This doesn’t mean having a boring “uniform”, wearing the same few pieces over and over again. It means having the right pieces that form the base from which you create a closet that you love and look forward to choosing pieces from each day.
In the past, we have made tutorial videos about core pieces; for example, different ways to wear a trench coat, or why you need to have a little black dress, and what kind you need, etc. This blog post and video are about another core piece, one that not everyone realizes is a must-have!
WHAT PIECE IS THAT?
It always surprises us when someone says they don’t own any black jeans. They have many pairs of blue jeans, white jeans too, but absolutely no black. This perplexes us for several reasons:
- Black jeans can feel a little dressier than regular blue jeans
- You can’t wear blue jeans all the time, it’s nice to have other options
- They don’t show dirt and don’t wrinkle too easily
- They are made of stronger fabric than most black pants so will last longer
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR HOW TO WEAR?
Our national wardrobe consultant & stylist, Alison Bruhn, is a huge fan of black jeans and wears them often, as does Delia. The team got together and created a video of their favorite ways to style them, with the goal of inspiring you as well! We also included a shoppable section below with pieces to wear with this important item in your wardrobe. You will start wearing black jeans more often we bet, and will agree with us when we say, “We rarely take them off!” Here is a link to the jean Alison & Delia both have (that Delia wears in the video).
- GET THE DEEPEST BLACK JEAN YOU CAN FIND
- WASH THE JEAN INSIDE OUT AND DO NOT DRY IN THE DRYER
- YOU CAN WEAR THESE JEANS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, NOT ONLY IN THE FALL AND WINTER, EXCLUDING IN THE WARMEST MONTHS
- MAKE SURE TO CHOOSE THE CORRECT STYLE FOR YOUR FIGURE, NOT ONE YOU PICK SIMPLY BECAUSE THE STYLE IS TRENDING
If you have questions about how to wear a specific piece of clothing, let us know. There is a good chance we can make a video tutorial about it!
Until next time,
Delia and Alison
Alison + Delia